Lenny Sorey wrote:
> Hey Jason,
>
> Thanks for your response.
>
> I might have the settings on the flash client set to high
> or just not enough coming through the wireless laptop
> that is broadcasting this app or a combination of the two.
As much as I love 802.11, I'd bet it's the culprit.  These days the only
thing mine gets used for is browsing YouTube from my Wii :)

> The question that comes to mind now is what happened to the
> buffering management we use to have in red5. There was a time when
> I would broadcast from red5 and had no frame freezing at all.
In the simple viewer, did you try explicitly setting a bufferTime on the
netstream?  I made a simple thing here that records a stream then plays
back, but unless I explicitly set a buffer, the stream will die about a
second in for a few seconds then continue, I'm thinking if you didn't
they could be symptoms of the same problem.

> Since this is the latest from the RED5 Trunk, I wonder what has changed
> regarding buffer management?
I've fallen back to using my hacked-up version of revision 2094.
I was using 2288 but found I couldn't seek backwards (I could've sworn
this was already on JIRA but I can't seem to find it) and there was no
metadata on recorded FLVs (audio and video codec IDs were both -1,
duration was 0, etc).

Jason