DA wrote:
> At 07:04 PM 2/7/03 +0000, you wrote:
> >Manchester United midfielder Paul Scholes has been named the Barclaycard
> >Player of the Month for January.
>
> Well done Paul, I hope it isn't the "kiss of death". I have been doing
> battle lately with some Gooners and they come up with the usual tripe about
> their midfield being superior to ours, Pires better than Beckham, Vieira
> better then Keane and so on... For me Arsenal don't have a player I'd swap
> for the "Ginger prince"

I reckon he's in a Zola-like role[1] a present -- lurking behind the main
striker and creating/cleaning up any chances that come by.  It's certainly
a better position for him and gets him into the game more where his flair
can be made to count.

[1] By which I mean the Zola of 10 years ago at Parma.  Not the tired old
codger we see today roaming the field for Chelsea (that he still appears to
be one of their better players is pretty much an indictment on the Rent
Boys).