Tim Howard is hungry for success with Manchester
United but says he is living on crumbs at present.
The American goalkeeper has been an instant hit
following his summer move from New York Metrostars,
edging out Fabien Barthez, Roy Carroll and Spain's No
2 Ricardo.

Howard's arrival has coincided with United's best-ever
start to a Premiership campaign and with just seven
goals conceded in 12 league games, the 24-year-old has
quickly established himself amongst the club's top
ranking goalkeepers.

After becoming Sir Alex Ferguson's regular first
choice, Howard says he wants things to stay that way.

"That's the difficult part," he said. "You want the
opportunity to be involved on match day but along with
that comes responsibility and some anxiety so you have
to be able to keep the position and not throw it away.

"The team has been playing very well the defence has
been fantastic. There have been a few slip-ups but we
are human, we make mistakes.

"I think that is what a goalkeeper is there for, to
pick up the crumbs; but there haven't been many crumbs
left so the boys at the back have been playing very
well."

Howard was also delighted with Tuesday's announcement
that United will be heading for the States next summer
for their second successive pre-season visit to his
homeland.

New Jersey born Howard says this year's tour and his
switch to Old Trafford seems to have boosted the
popularity of football in the USA.

He told MUTV: "Family and friends and people I speak
to all tell me that apparently it has been okay and I
think that's important.

"Manchester United is global and that was a relatively
untapped market, and I think we are making tremendous
strides in breaking through and people in America are
taking notice, not just of myself but of the club."

http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5511
http://us.click.yahoo.com/mOAaAA/3exGAA/qnsNAA/tsUolB/TM