It may be that the anchor placholder has the option 'not relevant for
workflow' selected... in which case, any changes made to this element
(assigning URL's, connecting up new pages etc) wont require the page
to be submitted to workflow. If so, edit the placeholder and unselect
this checkbox...

Cheers,