Sounds like the job hasn't finished yet (even though you've given it
plenty of time).
Are you using FTP or file server?

Sometimes, if it has troubles connecting via FTP, it can seem to hang.
Not sure, but I think it continues to try and connect for quite a
while until it finally errors out.
If you leave it for a day or so, do you get anything else in the
report?

What happens if you create a new file server target and publish the
same pages to it?
If that works, then I'd hazard a guess it's FTP connectivity /
permission problems.

Wayne.