Tiffany, what about using the <rde-dm:query searchable="false/
true">...</rde-dm:query> element?  I copied the following straight
from the LS Dynaments manual:

In additional Query DynaMents, you can use the special parameter
searchable="[true|false]" to prevent particular content areas from
being indexed by the
search engine. In this way, for example, you can keep navigation bars
and headers from
being part of the search.

>From the description, it sounds like exactly what you're looking for.
I'm really surprised that support didn't give you this info.  I hope
this helps!

-Chuck