If you are preexecuting C# already, then you might want to use the
literal control in C# mentioned in the comments here

http://www.reddotcmsblog.com/how-to-manage-quotes-placeholders-and-pre-execute-using-vbscript-and-reddot-cms-placeholders

Else, kimdezen is correct, RQL is the only safe way, but at a cost of
a slight performance compared to preexecute.

Off topic:
if you are simply trying to process the headline or standard field
information for client side presentation purposes, and the client is
fine using Javascript, I would recommend using Jquery, hence no
preexecution required.