I would like to add an LDAP Directory Service to our RedDot CMS. We
currently have several hundred user accounts, configured with projects
and group permissions.

According to Open Text support there is no way to modify an
"internally created" user account so that it will accept updates from
LDAP. In order to use LDAP for updates we would need to delete all
user accounts and then create them from scratch through and LDAP
import. We would then need to re-configure all of those new accounts
with projects and groups.

Has anyone faced this issue and found a solution? For example, is it
possible to directly update database fields in the RedDot tables to
remove the "internal" flag? Alternatively, have you created user
account export scripts that might be useful to re-create the project
and group member assignments?

Thanks for any information about this.