Hi,

I think you already have the right setup.  Each section having their
own style sheet.  With individual publication package for each
section, section x goes to /x/, section xx goes to /xx/.  I would
assume that stylesheet for section x gets published to /x/ too.

Web Server level rewrite is not needed.  Assuming that resulting
publication is well sectioned, I think it is simply a pathing issue.

assuming x, xx, xxx are under its own website (in IIS, or its own
domain), and these paths are now assigned as website root.

Under Administer Publication->Project, edit general settings, "Do not
publish leading / " is not checked.

This way, all your paths are absolute relative to the root.

I hope this helps, and should you run into any trouble, please give
support a ring.

-Jian