Hi Brian,

the following RQL statement can be used to save an alternative name
for a link:

<IODATA loginguid="61AF5FFDB7C8487B8535A7A81E9A2905"
dialoglanguageid="ENG" sessionkey="61AF5FFDB7C8487B8535A7A81E9A2905">
<LINK action="save" guid="460C04F0946A44638252343ACD27B70B" value="New
name" reddotcacheguid="" description="" prefixguid=""
target="#61AF5FFDB7C8487B8535A7A81E9A2905" frameset="" page=""/>
</IODATA>

2. I wouldn't advice to read out the clipboard data in order to do
something with it. First of all the data isn't really structured very
well and the second reason is that I wouldn't mix manual stuff
(clipboard data is put in the clipboard manually by a user) and an
automated process. If you describe what your gola regarding the
clipboard data is, we could possibly find another way to reach this
goal.

Best regards,
Manuel

P.S.: Maybe the other guys at www.SolutionExchange.info can give