Hi All - A quick Best Practices question here...

I'm writing requirements doc and network plan to set up a Test
Environment which should be a mirror copy of our Production
Environment (MS 10.1 SP2 w/SQL)

We still have RedDot servers in place that were used as our Test Bed a
few months ago when we upgraded Production to 10.  So there is
hardware already available with the current server version installed
that I need and most (hopefully all) the folder permissions set up
correctly across the server.

I’m just not entirely sure if it is better to simply just upgrade the
projects on my Test Servers from a backup of our Production Server. Or
if it's better to re-image these Test servers entirely from our
current Production Servers.

Thoughts?  Reasons why 1 method might be better than the other??

Many Thanks!
Kelly