If a code sample isn't in the RQL Manual (available on KC) this may help.
You can think of RQL like a macro programming language it can replicate
things users would do. If you want it to publish a page, and you know the
page GUID, you can find the page in SmartTree. Then select to publish the
page. In the common/rdcms.log will be the RQL for the request and response
from the server for that action.

Some actions may be more than one call. You can test these with RQL Console
( http://www.solutionexchange.info/RQLConsole.htm ) without writing any
code.

Best,
Tim