Jian,

The page I need this flexibility on is a detail page where the image
placeholder is assigned content (including "alt" attribute) and where the
URL of the image is needed to pass on to Facebook for a Like click.  By
that description, I think I am stuck.  I need access to the placeholder
both ways on the same page level.  Even if I forced the editor to add this
image on a lower page as a list item or dynamic anchor item, I still can't
read the placeholder two ways on the same page using just RedDot
placeholders.

I am considering light compromises to get a solution.  Perhaps the editor
could have a more cluncky interface or series of steps.  Use RQL (oh no!).
Or some other less elegant solution.  I don't want the editor to need to
enter the image twice.

Is there a way our content editors could refresh this cache after an image
change?  If not, could our developers do it?  How?

When is the cache problem encountered?  For just GetElement() method?  All
methods accessing only Content Elements?  Only Structural Elements?

Sounds like GetElement is rather useless.

Is there another way to access this image HTML you know of for me to parse
out the URL?  I doubt I can use VBScript within PreExecute on the image
placehlder HTML.  The way it is processed, it will cause an error.  PHP
could do it but it is not available to me on this project.

Rob