JC,

If you just need the code you should be able to steal it from your test
publication or live publication server. You might be able to create a
project varient that just publishes only the gut of the code you need.
There are a lot of people in this group that know a lot about project
varients. Or...

You can also export out your project and then import it back into OpenText
as a test project if you want to adjust templates and code and not effect
the real thing. I have done this for cases where someone want to know what
this new stylesheet looks like or for user/usability testing. If you have
the avaliable projects in OpenText you can always convert it to a regular
project and change the publication location to a test server to see if your
modifications work. Once you are done testing tranfer changes back to the
real project and just delete the test project in OpenText and delete your
test database.

hope that helps some but there are some awesome people in this group if it
is more complex.