Hi Markus,

The .NET or ASP comment used to work in 7.x.

Then how page builder crawls is changed in 9.x and up.  The page builder
seems to crawl the link after everything (rendertag, Preexecution,
RDExecution) is done.

So yeah, you need it if you want reliable publishing of following pages.

I would even skip the rendertag tag and use

<!--
<!IoRangeList>
<%list_nav%>
<!/IoRangeList>