Jian,

The problem is that these pages are not in the CMS at all. The emulation
seems like a great solution for pages not in navigation manager (and we
make heavy use of it for stuff like news articles).

In this case though we need to produce what is essentially an include file
for pages not in the CMS (such as a seperate .Net application or PHP
application).