Rich,

> Though this is somewhat related to what Subhasish Nandi has preformed, I
> am about to tackle the task for going from version 10.1.2 to 11.
> Any reason what I just can't point the installation to my existing schema
> (Oracle) for 10.1.2 instead of exporting/importing the project? And then,
> subsequently, add the other projects by creating new projects and pointing
> them to the 10.1.2 schemas? Or will the 10.1.2 projects need to be imported
> into 11 due to changes/updates to the schema?
> Does this make sense?

You need to convert the project from V10.1 to V11. However, you do not need
to export/import them but upgrading the existing system works fine as well.

However, I would not suggest to do the upgrade on the production system at
first. Either do a test installation and try if the upgrade works fine
there as well or, this is how most of our clients want to do the upgrade:
Do a fresh install of the V11 Management Server, import the projects there
and test them in-depth. If anything works fine, import the most current
version of the projects and switch the domains to the new servers. Instead
of export/import you can also copy the database and then upgrade the
database from that installation.

If you are using the Delivery Server: There are some changes on the SOAP
communication between both servers so you should try full publications if
they work without errors.

Best,
Hilmar Bunjes

--