Hi Peg,

Love to help here, but I can only provide so little as I will be running on
assumptions.

Is the integration custom or some pre-packaged solutiuon from somewhere?

Assuming that it is just a custom integration, which we have seen and done
at least 2 dozen.  Here is what I think it is.

The code is probably writing the caption standard field straight to a
javascript variable like this:

var ImageCaption;
ImageCaption = '<%stf_image_caption%>';

When <%stf_image_caption%> contains ', single quote, then the JavaScript
breaks.

Solution:
Since you are already using JQuery, why not do this?

<script>
var ImageCaption;
ImageCaption = $('#some-unique-id-like-page-id').text();
</script>

I understand the code is not exact solution to your question, but the idea
can be used in solving your question.

Best,

-Jian