Thanks! I learned about plugins using Manuel Schnitger's examples to begin
with, so obviously this is what I need now.

Romola

From: reddot-cms-users@googlegroups.com
[mailto:reddot-cms-users@googlegroups.com] On Behalf Of Gavin Cope
Sent: Wednesday, March 20, 2013 11:10 AM
To: RedDot CMS Users
Subject: Re: Setting up a new V.11 on Windows Server 2008 R2

http://manuelschnitger.wordpress.com/2011/06/21/rql-development-with-open-text-management-server-11/

On 21 March 2013 02:08, Chrzanowski, Romola
<rchrzanow...@albany.edu<mailto:rchrzanow...@albany.edu>> wrote:
We have finally begun our migration. We have installed a new v11 HF6 Open Text
Management Server on a new Windows Server 2008 R2 VM. During the installation
we pointed to a copy of our 10.1 database, having made a few changes directly
to the DB as well. The installation process updated the 10.1 database as
required.

We see all of our projects and users and we have retained the GUIDs as well as
all obvious project information.

One issue I am trying to resolve is the behavior of plugins. The RQL Console
plugin will start but does not execute, and nothing is being written to
RDCMS.log, as it normally does. Nothing happens.

When I try other plugins that I have written they return a 500 - Internal
Server error. There also is no evidence of anything being written to log files
that I have found.

There has been some mention in this group of RQL changes in V11. If someone
might offer some explanation and/or advice about what to use, that would be
very helpful. If there is any example of a plugin that should work in v11, then
I that would also help.

Thanks in advance for any information about RQL and plugins in v11. I have been
using .ASP plugins.

Romola Chrzanowski
Sr. Programmer/Analyst
ITS - University Applications Development
MSC-100
University at Albany, SUNY
Albany, New York 12222
518.437.3842