There was a huge bug with workflow publish an the FTP transfer sub process.  I
know this because I was affected and was watching the hot fixes as they came
out.

What version are you on?  Latest 10.1 SP2 version should be the way to go.  If
not, version 11 or 10.1 sp2 a version that fixed the FTP transfer queue.

To answer your question; FTP transfer queue crashes, things get published, but
never transferred.  Symptom: blank publishing report

Sent from my iPhone