From: "Kelly Burns" <kellyburns2...@gmail.com>
Sent: 25/12/2013 5:16
To: "reddot-cms-users@googlegroups.com" <reddot-cms-users@googlegroups.com>
Subject: Re: SSL Support change in version 11.1???

Thank you so much Tim!!

Happy Holidays!
Kelly

Kelly Burns
329 N. Humphrey | Oak Park, IL | 60302
Mobile:  (312) 909-0925
Skype:   kellyburns2005
Email:    kellyburns2...@gmail.com

On Tue, Dec 24, 2013 at 7:44 AM, Tim D <timothy.j.da...@gmail.com> wrote:

Kelly,

Switching out of SSL/HTTPS opens up possible exploits. It is an OWASP security
standards recommendation to stay in TLS/SSL.
https://owasp.org/index.php/Transport_Layer_Protection_Cheat_Sheet#Rule_-_Use_TLS_for_All_Login_Pages_and_All_Authenticated_Pages

Engineering will try to conform to OWASP guidelines and the recent 11.1 HF4
should have brought the product in line at least around the top exploits. I'd
recommend using this and looking at SSL offloading or acceleration if
performance is a concern.

If you wan the classic setup leave off the SSL option on install. You may be
able to get the login over SSL worst case is editing some ASP pages to force it
to SSL(this would potentially break on any future patches/upgrades).

Best,
Tim