Hi Neil,

Rendertag getelement do not work on info placeholders.

I am not sure if rendertag is able to return page id.  Can't find it in the
manual, so I am going to assume even if it can, don't use it, unsupported.

<%!! Context:CurrentMasterPage.Id.ToString().Replace(-,) !!%>

or something like that gets you the page guid without the -

Not sure why you want a shorter ID.