Steve Dixon wrote:

> the new(0831) rawhide is getting even closer to sweetness with the new
> installer.  one thing that the installer didnt do quite right is set up
> by windows(sorry) partition in lilo, i could only add the linux
> partition, which worked this time.  usually i chose to install
> everything and then choose individual packages, but for some reason it
> skipped the picking part and goes right to the dependencies.  anyhow, to
> get to the point,  for my laptop, the floppy is an ls-120.  is there
> anyway for the ls120 to be recognized by the installer?  that way my
> pcmcia will install and i can make a boot disk during the install.  my
> laptop also has a ati rage pro lt video card, which is not recognised or
> does not work with the graphical installer.  will there be a secondary
> installer like the old one? thanks.

I ran into a similar problem with RedHat before... I had all the RedHat
files installed on an unpartitioned disk (/dev/sdb), and the RH
installer wouldn't let me install from those files!  There should be a
way to escape from the selection menu and type in a device path or
device number at least...

        -hpa

--
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> at work, <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> in private!