[warning: posted to both exmh and redhat-devel mailing lists]

I've recently upgraded my workstation to redhat 6.1.

It appears that /usr/lib/nmh/spost in nmh-1.0 is broken... it no
longer works, and I get a message similar to this:

        spost: aliasing error in file aliases - aliases

It took me a while to track down the cause of the problem, but it is
definitely in spost.  I'm using my previous ~/.mh_profile file, but
nothing significantly has changed in the new version of nmh.  My alias
file works for everything else.

Can anyone confirm this before I report it to RedHat's bugzilla?

If it is a known bug in nmh, is there a fixed version of it available?
(As a stop-gap, I'm currently using the spost binary taken out of my
previous 6.0 distribution :)

Thanks.

BTW, I'm using spost like this in my .mh_profile...

postproc:       /usr/lib/nmh/spost

This way, I don't have to run sendmail as a daemon at all on my
workstaton...  incoming mail is obtained by fetchmail giving it
directly to procmail, and outgoing mail it given directly to
/usr/lib/sendmail (a symlink to /usr/sbin/sendmail) via spost.

More people should know about these tricks so that they aren't forced
to have sendmail listening on port 25!

Cheers
Tony