I'm somewhat of a newbie to NLS, /usr/share/locale, etc., so please
forgive me if this is a silly question.

I'm using a stock RH61 setup and I can't compile any SRPMS that have
/usr/share/locale/ entries in their files listings.  For example,
gettext or some of the GNOME stuff.  It compiles okay but during the
files phase it bombs because it can't find the /usr/share/locale/*/*/*/*
stuff mentioned in the %files listings.  I check the BUILDROOT and
indeed there is usually nothing there.  Stock RPMS, however, I notice
have these files.  They look like some kind of int'l language support--I
suppose it is NLS.

I think I've narrowed down the problem a little.  During the configure
stage it does say that I want NLS, occasionally it says to use the
included gettext, but it always says there are no catalogs.  I'm
guessing these catalogs are the files that are missing.

Any ideas? I don't care about NLS, however, I want to be able to built
these SRPMS without doing lots of modifications.    Plus, it bothers me
that this problem exists.  How did Red Hat built the original RPMS?

Thanks,
Chris Runge