In message <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>, Steve Dixon writes:
>i know this has been discussed on the list before but it seemed as if no
>one had an answer for the problem.  it there any way to stop users from
>being disconnected during a telnet session?  the inactivity has been
>anywhere from a few minutes to almost an hour.  it never seems to be a
>consistant time.  im not concerned about ssh or anything else, just
>using a normal telnet connection.

In addition to the standard `unset  autologout`, are you going through a
proxy/firewall/NAT-something?

If so, you might want to try uping tcp timeout values.  I had a problem
like that and fixed with ( I was using ipchains):

/sbin/ipchains --masquerading --set 99999 200 300

Can someone on this list tell me why autologout is set by default?
I can see it as being useful in some cases, but I would think
most people would find it more annoying than useful.

- Rob
.