On Wed, 24 Nov 1999, Jay Turner wrote:

> it, but the expert user would.  Unfortunately we did not doa very good job of
> documenting the fact that we moved fdisk to expert mode!
>
> Sorry about that . . . we will get all of out ducks in a row for the next
> release :-)

Thanks for the response. Funny thing was I looked in the expert mode install
and did not find it. New that I know what to look for I might have better luck.
As you said above good documentation would havew helped, especially since
I did actually look in the book for an answer.

Next question Is it possible to do a raid 1 install using fdisk or am
I pushing things? I know I can do it by hand but it might be interesting
to have it done at install. Also if the raid install can be done do you
set the partition type to fd right away or is redhat using some other scheme
to automagically start the raid array. I looked in the manuals that come
with the Super wix bang deluxe package (the $150.00 US one) and I did not
see a lot of Raid documentation. There was some but most of the raid docs said
for experts only. Do not get me wrong I agree beginners should not attempt
this, I know it is easy to screw up. Having said that I also know that once
you get it working it is great and very reliable. At least it has been for me
in the past.

Again overall it looks to me to be another quality product from the people
at redhat. Generally speaking each one gets a little better.

Thanks for the help,

......Tom                       "Do not meddle in the affairs of wizards,
[EMAIL PROTECTED]                   for you are crunchy and good with ketchup."

         Unix IS user friendly. It's just selective about who its friends are.