It seems that ppp-watch ignores PERSIST, RETRYTIMEOUT and
DISCONNECTTIMEOUT values from /etc/sysconfig/network-scripts/ifcfg-ppp*
files. Whatever I put there, it redials and does it immediately, which is
wrong. I upgraded initscripts to 4.68 with no result. Also, there's a typo
(wrong quotes) in /etc/rc.d/init.d/network that causes RedHat to 'disable
IPv4 automatic defragmentation' on reboot/halt regardless of what is in
/proc. No harm but not good nevertheless. This was not fixed in updated
initscripts too.

Alexander

Homepage: http://www.musicland.spb.ru/ak/ - temporarily unavailable