Hi:

I have screwed up my KDE install in some manner.  By installing old
versions of library RPM's for QT and GTK,GLIBC,etc ?  I think I have
caused KDE not to run.  If I attempt to startkde, it fails and X never
begins.  I get an error that it can't find shared object library
libg++.so27.  Is 27 a line in some file?  I can't tell.

Usually, I thought that startx looked to
/usr/X11R6/lib/X11/xinit/Xclients and based on a desktop settting or
installation, either gnome or kde would run.  I have run both.  I did
switch to gnome, but I would like to run KDE sometimes.  Anyhow,
KDE will not even start because of the shared object library.

I looked on the RedHat 6.1 disc and I can't find a libg++.  Does anyone
have any ideas to save me from doing a new install of everything?
I have new and modified PCMCIA code and scripting.  I have re-built my
own kernel and modules.  I just want to get KDE working again and it
looks like libg++.so27 is the immediate problem.

Thanks,

David Whitehurst