From: Enrico Morelli [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Monday, January 10, 2000 3:23 AM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: HELP ME!!! X doesn't start

Dear all,

I had upgraded my RH 6.0 to 6.1 without problem.
But when I try to start X using startx or xinit from normal user I have
the following errors:

Authentication failed - cannot start X server.
Perhaps you do not have console ownership?

....after a few seconds

_X11TransSocketUNIXConnect:
Can't connect: errno = 111
giving up.
xinit:  Connection refused (errno 111):  unable to connect to X server
xinit:  No such process (errno 3):  Server error.

Some suggestions?
Enrico Morelli                       /\|||||||
CE.R.M.                            |  O O   _
CEntro Risonanze Magnetiche          /     | |
Tel  : +39 055 4209269               |_/   |
Fax  : +39 055 4209253               |    /
e-mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED]       /   _/
http://beta.cerm.unifi.it/~morelli  \_ /