I have discovered an email client that I want to try out; it comes in
source and I've built it and tried running it on RHL.

I find it rather unstable - it crashes too frequently for me to even try
to respond to mail with it.

It was once a commercial product & has been GPLed and cast adrift. The
authors are reachable, but have gone onto other things.

Thet claim, and I believe them, that it IS stable now on other
environments (Solaris for one) and was once stable on Linux. However,
linux has moved on even though the email client software' source hasn't
been changed.

Likely (to me) problems are
1       GLIBC has some incompatibilities with LIBC; perhaps the software depends
on old behaviour even though it compiles well enough.
2       They used Real Motif. I'm using lesstif's imitation of Motif 1.2 (it
doesn't even compile with 2.0).

Does anyone know where to look for documentation wrt the differences
between libc5 and glibc (2.1) and between lesstif-1.2-devel-0.88.0-1?

--
Cheers
John Summerfield