Alan Cox wrote:
> > but id does have enough to brag about. As it's proven technology (comes
> > from AIX and is also used on OS/2) I expect the work to be done reasonably
> > quickly.
>
> Work maybe, but its not proven until it works for a while under load under
> Linux. That will take time. ext3 is the 'it works now' solution

what is the current position on "the next filesystem format" ?
I mean what will have kernel suuport and seems to be a good candidate
(eg. in RH 8.0 or in kernel > 2.6 :-) so near future) ?
I see ext3, coda, reiserfs, gfs, but I don't know what is the "priority"
list (sorted by stableness, good design, features).

ps. I just would like to know the opinion of some people.

 -- lfarkas
 "The only thing worse than not knowing the truth is
  ruining the bliss of ignorance."