Hi!

Two (little?) rpm questions.

Is it possible within .spec file to define some rpm variables
(for example, %requires, maybe %release) based on something
from running system?  Example of usage here is trivial:
we can made separate package from pcmcia-cs (currently in kernel)
and make two packages, e.g. pcmcia-1.3.12...rpm and pcmcia-modules-1.3.12...rpm,
and the last one should require kernel of some exact version
for that thing was compiled.

And another one -- is it possible to set some variables in rpm's command line?
For example, RedHat kernel can be build with lfs patches, but this feature is disabled.
It controlled by "%define lfs 0" in .spec.  Can I say, for example,
"rpm --rebuild kernel-...src.rpm lfn=1" ?
(as with make for example)

Regards,
  Michael.