That was it!  Many thanks.  May I suggest that, as a value-add feature,
the Red Hat GPG public key get installed along with the GPG package?
I don't remember having explicitly added the RH 5.2 pgp signature
on my former setup, but it was a long time ago.  Again, thank you.

        - Stephen P. Schaefer
        [EMAIL PROTECTED]