On Wed, 31 May 2000, John Hoffman\ wrote:

> Hello
> So here is the difficulty, I can figure out what do do with image.
> I create a new lilo entry and set image to my new vmlinuz.
> What I don't know is where do I get another initrd for my new
> build?  what do I do with my new System.map?  And where can I get
> another module-info for my new build and how do I put it in my
> lilo.conf?  Seems like I'm missing some steps here and the docs are a
> little inadequate.

you can get a new initrd by running:
mkinitrd /boot/initrd-kernel.version.img kenrel.version
for example, to create an initrd for 2.2.12-24 you need to:
mkinitrd /boot/initrd-2.2.12-24.img 2.2.12-24

about system.map:
just copy your new system.map in the boot directory, using a filename
like:
System.map-kernel.version

--hermes
Q: What do you think you are, some kind of God?
A: God, ROOT, what's the difference ?