I looked in .netscape and did not find any reference to pab2.local in the
preferences.js file.
I too have the same problem as described earlier yet your solution does not seem to be
viable.

------Mike

Bill Nottingham wrote:

> Daniel Hammer ([EMAIL PROTECTED]) said:
> > ... noticed that there is some bug in the netscape version 4.73-6
> > from rawhide: every time one tries to add an address via "adress"-button
> > the messenger vanishes to hellto hell -- together with all other netscape
> > applications!
> > RH 6.2 and older versions of netscape (4.73-1) do not have this strange
> > behavior.
>
> Remove pab2.locale from ~netscape/preferences.js.
>
> Bill

Michael Waite                                           Mission Critical Linux
Senior Professional Services Consultant                 100 Foot of John Street
978-446-9166 X349       office                          Lowell, MA. 01852
978-376-4677            cell                            [EMAIL PROTECTED]