On Wed, 16 Aug 2000, Venkatesh Krishnamurthi wrote:
> Hi,
>
> > Has anyone had any success with automount/NIS ?
>
>   Yes,  with a YP server on Solaris.  We use autofs to read the maps from YP
> and set up the mount points.
>
>   However we've had to use the /etc/rc.d/init.d/autofs script from RedHat 6.0
> since the ones from RedHat 6.1 and RedHat 6.2 do not work.

If memory serves autofs-script was changed 6.0 -> 6.1 so that if a local
/etc/auto.master exists it wont look at the NIS-maps at all. The fix is
simple: rename auto.master to something else (or change the if-else
structure of autofs-script)

Another thing which I needed to patch around was that we have a couple of
auto.master entries pointing to /etc/auto.xxx files which in turn include
possibly local files (on other platforms) and after that the
NIS-maps. In my case it was quite easily fixed by 'sed'ing the /etc/ out
of the names.

        - Panu -