On Tue, 29 Aug 2000, John Summerfield wrote:

>Date: Tue, 29 Aug 2000 07:47:20 +0800
>From: John Summerfield <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
>To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
>Subject: Re: rpm and AMD K6
>

>> Edit /usr/lib/rpm/rpmrc... it is more or less self explanatory.
>
>That's error-prone; it gets replaced whenever I upgrade rpm, and I seem to be
>forced to do that altogether TOO often lately.

When I edit files like that, I then do a "chattr +i filename" and
it solves that problem.  ;o)  Perhaps a bad thing to do, but if
it breaks, I get to keep both pieces.  ;o)

--
Mike A. Harris                                     Linux advocate
Computer Consultant                                  GNU advocate

"Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored."
                                               - Aldous Huxley