You're getting this kernel out of the preview/ directory?  Any glibc
package with ".2.4" at the end of the release is built without any
support for kernels older than 2.4.  This makes glibc faster, as it
does not have to figure out what kernel is running to determine which
kernel interfaces to use.

You should not install the glibc-2.1.92-14.2.4 package if you are
planning on running 2.2 kernels on your system.

The headers in this case are not what matters.

Cheers,

Matt