On Tue, 5 Dec 2000, Marco Presi wrote:

> I upgraded to RH7 last week, and I'm not able to compile kernel.
> Nor the 2.2.16-22 shipped with RH, nor the 2.2.17 from kernel.org
> Some other person had my same problem.
>
> Some one knows why?

of gcc, and a separate 'kgcc' (egcs) compiler for doing kernel builds.

Install the kgcc package, and fix the kernel makefile to use kgcc.

Alternatively, look at the kernel source rpms as supplied with RH7
where you'll see something similar.

Mark

Mark Cooke                  The views expressed above are mine and are not
Systems Programmer          necessarily representative of university policy
University Of Birmingham    URL: http://www.sr.bham.ac.uk/~mpc/