Yeah, there does seem to be a difference when I use a connect freq. of 1/30s
as opposed to 1/5s.  But no matter what freq. I use, the point of connect
failure
is very repeatable.  I'll try to get better data on this and also try to see
what the
lowest freq. I can work with where the problem goes away.

Regarding pkg docs and website pointers, Redhat seems woeful and lacking
to me.  This is version 1.0 of the Redhat "embedded" Linux, and I can't seem
to find any info out on the web in my searches regarding apps, problems,
solutions, etc.

The slightly longer point of connect failure (10min) for a connect freq of
1/30s
tends to make me think that resources are getting allocated but not freed in
timely fashion, and possibly a cleanup function comes around at regular
intervals
to free-up those resources.

BTW, I'm home sick with the flu right now, but when I get back into my
office, I'll
be able to put some better and more accurate stuff in my posts.

Thanks,

ShutEye