On 17 Jan 2001, Anand Palaniswamy wrote:

> > > which RPMs must go into disc1 and which should go into disc2?
> >
> > It only matters for how often it will ask you to swap CDs. Other than
> > that, which RPM goes where isn't particularly relevant.
>
> Thanks.  Your answer, however, begs a followup question: "What
> allotment should I choose to minimize swapping CDs?"

Take a look at the RedHat/base/comps file. Figure out which modules you
are going to need, and make sure they are on the first disk. If you can
fit it all on one ISO, it won't need to swap CDs.

Otherwise you will have to spend a lot of time figuring out the dependencies
and the correct install order. It will probably take a while and a little
bit of trial and error and lots of sweat and toil. That's what we pay
RedHat to do <grin>.

Is there some reason why you can't do an install via NFS, FTP, or HTTP?
I've found FTP and HTTP in particular to be very fast installation methods
(often I can do a custom install in 10 - 15 minutes, and even faster with
kickstart).

thornton