BR> kernel-utils is obsolete, use the new ksymoops package.

I'm curious: is there some way to cope with packages changing names or
splitting other than doing it by hand?  Obviously the updater knows how to
do it, but I don't know how.  I'd guess that it checks to see if the files
for a package (in the upgrade) exist on the disk and, if so, it deletes the
old package that contains that file and installs the new package.

If so, is it possible to do this outside the updater?  In case you can't
guess, I'm aiming at live updates.  It's annoying to have to stick an
upgrade disk in 200 machines, even if the data comes from the network.

 - J<