I have a code fragment:
                struct group *grp = getgrnam(group.data());
                if (grp == NULL)
                  {
                        int E=errno;
                        cerr << "error=" << E << ": " << strerror(E) << " " <<
ENOMEM<< endl;;
                        cerr << "group " << group << " is unknown on this system." <<
endl;
                        err=max(1,err);
                  }
                else
                  {
                        gid = grp->gr_gid;
                  }

which produces this result:
[summer@possum daemon]$ ./daemon group=users pgm=/usr/sbin/sendmail
user=summer;
gid=4294967295, uid=4294967295
error=11: Resource temporarily unavailable 12
group users is unknown on this system.
[summer@possum daemon]$

The group exists:
[summer@possum daemon]$ ypmatch users group
users::100:tiddlypuss,db2as,summer,jcs
[summer@possum daemon]$

and
[summer@possum daemon]$ grep users /etc/group
users:x:100:
pppusers:x:230:
popusers:x:231:
slipusers:x:232:
[summer@possum daemon]$

The error is not one documented for this function. Does anyone know what's
going on here?

--
Cheers
John Summerfield

Microsoft's most solid OS: http://www.geocities.com/rcwoolley/

Note: mail delivered to me is deemed to be intended for me, for my disposition.