On Sat, 10 Feb 2001, Matt Wilson wrote:

> I wouldn't say this is a bug.  Header files that are incomplete, that
> is that continue a class definition in another header file such that
> the header file ordering makes such drastic changes in working/not
> working is a really really bad way to code, IMHO.

Though that's really down to the project coders to decide, Matt.
Having a way to turn off this 'policy enforcement' to see real
warnings about implicit function definitions etc without having to
filter the output would be useful.

Cheers,

Mark
(though I'm biased in that I hack about on openh323 aswell)

> On Sat, Feb 10, 2001 at 11:07:48PM -0500, Frank Liu wrote:
> >

> > While trying to build the openh323 project (www.openh323.org), you
> > will get tons of warnings. You can reproduce this by compiling a small
> > module:
> > http://www.openh323.org/bin/pwlib_min_1.1pl19.tar.gz
> >
> > I checked with the maintainer about those warnings and was told
> > that they are harmless and gcc shouldn't really generate those
> > warnings. Craig said he has patches to gcc that can turn off those
> > warnings but no one is listening. Wondering if redhat can take that?

Mark Cooke                  The views expressed above are mine and are not
Systems Programmer          necessarily representative of university policy
University Of Birmingham    URL: http://www.sr.bham.ac.uk/~mpc/