On Wed Mar 07 2001 at 14:12, Terry Barnaby wrote:

[ ... ]

> I copy RPMS into the two disk RPM directories.
> I create disk1/.disk1-i386 and disk2/.disk2-i386
> I run /usr/lib/anaconda-runtime/genhdlist /.../disk1 /.../disk2

Try it like this:

        /usr/lib/anaconda-runtime/genhdlist --withnumbers /.../disk1 /.../disk2

 --with numbers seems to be necessary (not sure why it is not the
 default.  Heh, I'm not even sure what it actually does :)

> Then I create the ISO file systems and create the CD's from these.
> Using these CD's to install goes well until during package installation I
> get and error
> which appears to be the installer trying to load an RPM that is on the
> second disk.
>
> Any ideas ?

Works for me.

(BTW, for experimental work like this, try using re-writable CDs --
unless you like making lots of fancy coffee coasters :-)))

Cheers
Tony