Hi all.  Finally found a reason to post after half lurking on the list.....
=P

Can anyone suggest to install and where I can learn about how to run it....
A friend of mine suggested TCPwrapers and Tripwire..... But I was wondering
if there were other things also I should look into......

I'm going to use PPPoE to connect to the net..... And even on my win box
using Zone Alarm I get people randomly scanning ports and stuff....  Is
there something I can build on the Linux box that will keep me alerted about
stuff like that? What would be a good only source to learn about that stuff?

a friend of mine suggested ipfwadm.   whats the opinion on that?

oh I'm running RedHat 7.0 and i installed all the RPM updates from the
site.....
thanks.....
verg.