[EMAIL PROTECTED] said:
>  The problem with rsh is that sometimes these work, and sometimes they
> hang and then time out.  That is, if I do:

The first step to take in trying to resolve this kind of problem it to update
to the latest version you can find, and you are not using the latest.

A good alternative is to use other software that provides equivalent function.
I've found ssh a good replacement and I use it on RHL 6.x, 7.0 and Mandrake
7.2.

If the problem persists after you have upgraded, the ideal thing it to report
it to bugzilla using the URL in the package.

--
Cheers
John Summerfield

Microsoft's most solid OS: http://www.geocities.com/rcwoolley/

Note: mail delivered to me is deemed to be intended for me, for my disposition.