On Tue, 10 Apr 2001, Jim M. wrote:

> are there samples of linux codes that can talk to SCSI harddisk,
> scanners and cameras in the Linux kernel.  Like in windows NT, one
> does not need to write driver for his scsi device. Just use some scsi
> interface libraries to talk to the scsi device. Is there such examples
> in linux?.I need to learn this so that i can develop the same thing
> for a scsi digital camera.

You should get in touch with SANE (http://mostang.com/sane) which is a
project that provides libraries and programs to access scanners, digital
cameras and the like under Linux/Unix. There you will find code accessing
e.g.  scanners over the generic SCSI devices and code handling digital
imaging equipment (or what ever you may call this stuff).

Nils
--
         Nils Philippsen / +49.711.96437.250 / [EMAIL PROTECTED]
       Red Hat GmbH / Hauptstätter Straße 58 / D70178 Stuttgart