On Sat, Nov 10, 2001 at 07:07:57PM -0300, Oliver Schulze L. wrote:
> How about hardware issues?
> Did you check your CPU fan/temperature with lm_sensors?
>
> When Linux freezes, usually is a hardware problem.

I have also seen freezing when devices are sharing IRQs, while their drivers
can't deal with this; or freezing related to PCI card driver problems.  It
might be useful to have a look at /proc/pci, or lspci -vv, and do your best
to eliminate IRQ sharing.  Some BIOS allows the user to assign IRQs to PCI
slots; with others, the way to change IRQs is to physically move the cards,
and then choose "Reset Configuration Data" or "Update ESCD" in BIOS.

Regards,
Gary S.